Sunday, January 8, 2012

Entering into Week Three

I'm starting to think that my blog isn't very motivating because I've been doing so horrible! But I don't want to quit. I used to go on so many diet and every time I would slip up I would just give up. But like the Toby Mac song that I posted in my blog a few days ago, I'm going to just keep getting back up again! I don't care if I fail a thousand times! It'll only make my victory that much sweeter.

So these past two days have probably been the worst yet. I have eaten so many sweets and greasy foods. I went to Buca di Beppo and had a HUGE bowl of pasta. I got the left-overs boxed up and I finished it at home. Then today, I went to Chipotle and had a giant burrito. (Healthier than most fast-food places but still wasn't good for me.)

BUT, in doing so I experienced my first "Man I wish I would have stayed on my diet" feeling. After I got home from Buca di Beppo I was so gassy and bloated. I felt full and disgusting. I got bad heart burn and I just over all felt awful. I have been doing decent for the past handful of days and so eating all this greasy food did not go over well for me. I hadn't realized how eating healthier and smaller portions had made me feel better. I probably haven't lost any weight, but I would like to weight myself. I'll have to go to a gym or something though because my scale is out of batteries.

But I got paid and went shopping today! I got: apples, pears, bananas, edemame beans, raw chicken, 100% whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, fat free yogurt, and raw salad. I hope that is enough for me not to cheat!

Also, I haven't been keeping up with my exercising either :( But tomorrow I'm going to do my walking! I have a food plan, but I think I need to educate myself more on weight managing exercise! Any one have any links to information on that?

*Tips: Have a PLAN for your diet. Especially for losing weight. I used to have it in my head that I would just "cut out" things and start losing weight. But the truth of the matter is there is a healthy balance that your body needs! Sugar get's such a bad rep, but your body needs stuff like that in the right proportions. So I insist that you go to https://www.choosemyplate.gov/SuperTracker/myplan.aspx and follow the default plan, or better yet sign up and make your own unique plan based on size and desired weight like I did!


*Inspiration: This girl got tired of being overweight and decided to take her health into her own hands. Just like you and me, she devised a plan and failed many times until she found the plan that worked for her. Now she's working on a book to motivate young adults to get healthy! You can check out her blog at http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/

I'm praying for you people out there trying to get healthy! I inspired my mom to start eating healthy too, so now I have someone to help keep me accountable and to cook yummy food for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment